In December – just as reporters were starting to break for the holidays – the Transaction Processing Performance Council asked for help publicizing two new benchmarks. The timing certainly wasn’t ideal… but it also wasn’t negotiable.
So we rolled up our sleeves and got to work drafting the announcement, preparing spokespeople and connecting with every editor we could track down.
Fortunately, we know quite a few… and a holiday benchmark announcement garnered a surprising amount of press. Here are the results:
- January 11, 2015 / Data Informed: What’s New About the TPC-DS 2.0 Big Data Benchmark
- December 18, 2015 / The Register: Here at Last, That Big Data Benchmark from TPC
- December 18, 2015 / GigaOM: How Fast is Your Hadoop? Here’s How to Measure That
- December 17, 2015 / Datanami: New TPC Benchmark Puts an End to Tall SQL-on-Hadoop Tales
- December 17, 2015 / InsideBIGDATA: TPC-DS 2.0 – The First Industry Standard Benchmark for SQL-based Big Data Systems